RegEd Archiving General FAQ
A. Do I need Servers or Software?
Q. No. RegEd archiving, powered by Arkovi is software as a service (SaaS), provided to you as a secure web hosted application. We support from one to thousands of users. Your business can be in one location or geographically dispersed around the world.
You may use the web browser(s) supported by your business. RegEd archiving supports:
- Internet Explorer
- and many other browsers
Additionally you may use many mobile devices, including:
- iPhone and iPad
RegEd archiving was developed to offer a flexible architecture enabling your business to manage social archives online, integrate them into your digital business and trusted third parties or export your archives for offline storage.
Q. How Do You Get Our Social Content?
A. RegEd archiving integrates with social networks at the API (application programming interface). This is a direct connection to enable us to capture the content you create regardless of how you create and publish. We integrate with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube and Google+. In addition, our RSS integration accomplishes the same goal for blogs, web content and other social platforms that offer limited or no API access.
RegEd users authorize social accounts via Oauth – which is a secure method your business to connect social accounts to RegEd archiving without the need to provide us those passwords.
Q. How Do You Use My Contact Information?
A. We collect your contact information when you sign up for RegEd archiving, either as a free trial user or as a customer. This information is for purposes of providing you the archiving service. We do not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your contact information to other organizations without your consent.
We do add your email address to our systems as a RegEd user and communicate with you in that medium. All of our email newsletters provide an unsubscribe link. However – as an RegEd user we do recommend you remain on our email distribution to receive communications relevant to your use of our services.
Q. How Do You Use Our Archive Data?
A. Your social media archives are just that – yours. We host them securely as a part of the delivery of our services to you. We do not distribute the data to third parties unless under the express consent of your relationship with a third party (i.e. our integration with email archiving providers, or to move your archives to to corporate or third party digital storage destination).
Our reporting on the RegEd archive data is in aggregate, to identify the number of records we have and how they represent the social networks (platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and message types like Status Updates and Mentions, etc.).
Q. How Long Do You Maintain My Archives?
A. RegEd stores your social media archives for as long as you are an active customer. While you are an active customer, you have the ability to download some or all of your data, on demand, in Excel and XML format.
Additionally, enterprise customers may have the archives distributed to a third party destination of choice on a regular schedule. Currently those distribution methods include:
- Email of archives
- FTP, SFTP or SSH of archives
Any customer who chooses to discontinue using our service may also confirm a complete export of all archives prior to the termination of account(s).
Q. What Account Types does RegEd Offer?
A. RegEd offers multiple editions:
For organizations with less than 25 employees we have three choices:
- Individual – enables a single user to archive
- Trio – for a 3 person team
- Team – for five users and includes integration to corporate and third party systems and Management dashboard
- We also offer enterprise solutions for organizations with more than 25 employees
Q. What is RegEd archiving?
A. RegEd’s archiving and surveillance solution enables your business to capture the social content you create online. This includes:
- Facebook profiles and Fan pages, including private messaging
- LinkedIn profiles, status updates and network updates (including private RSS feeds)
- Twitter status updates, mentions, tweets retweeted and direct messages
- YouTube videos and activity
- Google alerts
- RSS integration for blogs, blog comments, social and web searches, Pinterest and more
- Website archiving
Q. What is Captured When I First Sign Up?
A. A frequent question is – what kind of history are we going to get when we sign up for RegEd archiving?
This is based upon the social network’s rules around their API:
- Facebook – has a feature-rich API for certain elements like Photos. In general you can expect all photo galleries to be captured in the initial integration and approximately 90 days worth of wall posts.
- LinkedIn – will gather the full profile and most recent status update
- Twitter – will attempt to gather as many as 3200 tweets.
- RSS – will gather most current 10-15 posts
- Youtube provides the most recent 25 videos